The report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights on Russia’s cards and payments industry, including:
• Current and forecast values for each category of Russia’s cards and payments industry, including debit cards, credit cards and prepaid cards
• Comprehensive analysis of the industry’s market attractiveness and future growth areas
• Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing Russia’s cards and payments industry
• Detailed analysis of the marketing strategies adopted for selling debit, credit and prepaid cards used by banks and other institutions in the market
• Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards
• The competitive landscape of Russia’s cards and payments industry
Browse Complete report with TOC :
The Russian card payments channel grew substantially both in volume and value terms during the review period. In terms of total cards volume, the channel grew at a CAGR of 19.70% and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.00% over the forecast period. In value terms, the card payments channel increased from RUB8.8 trillion (US$354.6 billion) in 2008 to RUB21.8 trillion (US$700.8 billion) in 2012, at a CAGR of 25.39%. The value is expected to reach RUB43.9 trillion (US$1.4 trillion) in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 13.19% over the forecast period. Dominating the card payments channel in terms of volume are debit cards, with a 65.7% share in 2012, followed by prepaid and credit cards with respective shares of 25.5% and 8.7%.
In 2010, the Bank of Russia (BoR) continued its work with credit institutions and other organizations that operate payment systems and provide payment infrastructure services, with a view to developing the national system in line with international standards. The primary objective of the BoR to develop and improve its payment system is to minimize associated risks whilst ensuring its efficient and smooth operation. As a part of a new national payment system, the Ministry for Economic Development has approved a plan to launch the Universal Electronic Card (UEC) for all Russian citizens. The UEC is intended to eventually replace all local, regional, and national forms of ID, and will serve as a combined electronic ID, driver’s license, car insurance certificate, and bank card and migration document, among other possible functions.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of Russia’s cards and payments industry.
• It provides current values for Russia’s cards and payments industry for 2012, and forecast figures for 2017.
• It details the different economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting Russia’s cards and payments industry.
• It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
• It details the marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
• It profiles the major banks in Russia’s cards and payments industry.
To Download Sample Report Visit @
Table of contents
1 Executive Summary
2 Analysis of Market Environment, Key Trends and Drivers
2.1 Payment Infrastructure and Emerging Technology
2.1.2 POS terminals
2.1.3 Internet penetration
2.1.4 Mobile payments
2.1.5 Near Field Communication (NFC)
2.2 Business Drivers
2.2.1 Growth in the retail industry
2.2.2 Increasing competitive pressure to bring product innovation
2.2.3 Favorable government policies for prepaid cards
2.2.4 Government benefit programs to foster growth of card-based transactions
2.2.5 Changing consumer lifestyle and spending pattern
3 Cards and Payments Industry Share Analysis
3.1 Industry Overview
3.1.3 Card payments
3.1.4 Credit transfer
4 Regulatory Framework and Card Fraud Statistics
4.1 Regulatory Framework
4.2 Card Fraud Statistics
4.2.2 Counterfeit cards
4.2.3 Cards lost or stolen
4.2.4 Card ID theft
5 Emerging Consumer Attitudes and Trends
5.1 Industry Segmentation and Targeting
5.1.1 Retail customers
5.1.2 Corporate customers
5.2 Travel and Tourism Spending
5.2.1 Outbound tourist trips
5.2.2 Outbound tourist spending
5.3 Retail Card Spending
5.3.1 Analysis by product category
5.3.2 Analysis by retail channels
Marketresearchreports.biz is the most comprehensive collection of market research reports. Marketresearchreports.biz services are especially designed to save time and money of our clients. We are a one stop solution for all your research needs, our main offerings are syndicated research reports, custom research, subscription access and consulting services. We serve all sizes and types of companies spanning across various industries.
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-997-4948
Website: http://www.marketresearchreports.biz /